1. Ringing in the Ears or Hearing Loss Tinnitus, or a constant, high-pitched ringing in the ears is common symptom of magnesium deficiency, as is hearing loss.
2. Muscle Cramps or Tremors Magnesium is crucial to optimim muscle function.
3. Depression The link between low magnesium levels and depression was understood over a century ago, when doctors would use it to treat this mental health disorder.
4. Abnormal Heart Function As previously discussed, low magnesium levels can have an effect on muscles throughout the body and this includes the heart muscles.
5. Kidney Stones Many people believe that kidney stones are caused by an excess of calcium, but in fact it is a lack of magnesium that is the culprit.